POSITION DESCRIPTION: Perform related support duties to include; PM’s, Work orders and projects concerning mechanical and electrical maintenance on all equipment and grounds as required at the Sumter facility.
- Inspect, repair and perform preventative maintenance of facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Perform daily and emergency maintenance tasks SAFELY with little or no supervision.
- Follow standard operating procedures and safety procedures (i.e. confined spaces and LOTO).
- Inspect, repair, and report (document) equipment being misused/abused.
- Instruct plant personnel on proper use of repaired equipment to prevent further damage.
- Communicate status of maintenance with area personnel and management as needed.
- Perform electrical repair and trouble shooting on all plant equipment.
- Perform fabrication and welding using MIG and ARC welding techniques.
- Perform lock, tag, and try procedures for all Maintenance Task throughout the plant.
- Monitor and report inventory for maintenance tools and equipment.
- Provide and control emergency electrical components for all major equipment at PEC.
- Proactively participate in daily safety tasks and required safety training/briefings/meetings.
- Perform additional maintenance duties as required to assist sales, service, and administrative divisions.
- Identify and suggest improvements to Management.
- Ensue all daily data is keyed in maintenance daily software system.
- Key all labor and repair parts in systems daily.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Read and understand basic electrical schematics.
- Perform and maintain excellent housekeeping skills.
- Understand all PPE, and wear / utilize when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience:
- Basic wiring of 120 VAC, 277 lighting, and 480 VAC 3 Phase power.
- Wiring, AC / DC motors (all voltages)
- Understanding and sizing motor controls.
- Knowledge and operation of pipe treading equipment, automatic and manual threading equipment.
- Basic knowledge of relay logic and controls.
- Trouble shooting using amp probes, multmeter and other trouble shooting equipment.
- Welding (MIG and ARC)
- Perform preventative maintenance, and generate follow up work orders for found issues.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of maintenance PM software system.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Understanding and knowledge of natural gas.
- Boiler experience, basic operation.
- Knowledge of electric and pneumatic pumps.
- Plumbing (Fresh water and drainage)
- Excellent mechanic skills.
- Basic understanding of HVAC.
- Industrial, Plant Environment, HOT in summer, COLD in winter, may be exposed to weather elements (rain, wind, snow…)
- Hours of SHIFT work: to cover 24/7 , 3- 8 hour shifts (overtime and on call weekends as required.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (must be medically certified to wear full face respirator).
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and employees.
- Ability to prepare and maintain various reports and documents for jobs or assignment.
- Must exhibit positive and proactive behavior in order to SUPPORT plant and meet strict deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge, with a strong respect of electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read and interpret business safety manuals, technical procedures or regulations.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Must be able to operate with concrete and abstract concepts and interpret verbal and nonverbal and written instructions.
We offer generous benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacation, and standard holidays; competitive compensation; opportunity for advancement within the company.
Interested applicants may apply in person Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm at Carolina Filters, Inc., 109 E. Newberry Ave. Sumter, SC 29150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Current employees may apply by completing an internal application form and submitting it to the Human Resources office.