POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for process improvement, project management, statistical data analysis, and other engineering functions in all aspects of Process Equipment Cleaning Division. The PEC Process Engineer will be expected to be the primary technical resource in the plant and will add value to the organization through the implementation of impact projects and process improvements. He/she will also be integrated into the daily operation of the division and serve as a key staff member.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Three to eight years’ experience in a chemical, industrial, and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least one-year experience in a supervisory position is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in batch distillation, steam operation, plant utilities, and natural gas systems highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing capital projects up to $100k is preferred.
- A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, is preferred.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 organization is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written formats.
- Must be willing to work in an industrial environment with exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Plant and office environment.
- Hours of work: Generally 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with extended hours as necessary.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Direct and indirect supervision/leadership will be required.
- Experience with cost analyses and the ability to calculate ROI for impact projects are required.
- Development and refinement of cleaning processes for new and existing applications.
- Cost analysis and process routing for new and existing applications.
- Project management of large and/or unique customer and internal tasks.
- Time and efficiency studies for all areas of PEC division.
- Technical support for Testing and Evaluation department as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and statutes related to hazardous and non-hazardous waste management and wastewater treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements are primarily related to the essential function of any job. Manual dexterity and mobility are required.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, see and smell.
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret work order instructions, customer specifications, safety manuals, technical procedures and/or regulatory communications.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Must be able to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to understand concrete and abstract concepts, interpret verbal, nonverbal and written instructions.
We offer generous benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacation, and standard holidays; competitive compensation; opportunity for advancement within the company.
Interested applicants may apply in person Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm at Carolina Filters, Inc., 109 E. Newberry Ave. Sumter, SC 29150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Current employees may apply by completing an internal application form and submitting it to the Human Resources office.