POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for development and delivery of training content to all CFI employees. Utilizes multimedia, written and verbal methods to accomplish recurring and emergent training requirements.
- Schedules and facilitates individual and group training for standard operating procedures, safety topics, and new processes/procedures.
- Routinely audits and updates existing training content to ensure accuracy and currency.
- Develops new training content as needed to support changes in policy and procedure.
- Creates and delivers new employee orientation training.
- Provides documentation of training to Human Resources for record keeping.
- Works with production management, maintenance, and R&D to create appropriate training for activities.
- Coordinates with Quality management to ensure all temporary work instructions, engineering change orders, and document changes are passed to employees with proper documentation.
- Maintains listing of powered equipment certification and facilitates training to keep operators current.
- Participates in new process development and quality audits.
- Develops, maintains, and delivers daily, weekly, and monthly safety training.
- Attends safety meetings and work with Safety Committee.
- Reinforces daily CFI’s goals of ZERO accidents and ZERO injuries.
- Update safety manual, policies and safety posters.
- Actively participate in injury/near miss investigations.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex tasks and concepts in clear, concise terms
- Minimum three years’ experience as a trainer in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Strong safety background
- HR background
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Certification or formal instruction as a trainer (civilian or military)
- Experience with developing a formal process in an easy to learn format
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
- Self-driven and goal- oriented with strong time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- GED or High School Diploma
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (must be medically certified to wear full face respirator).
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and employees.
- Ability to prepare and maintain various reports and documents for jobs or assignment.
- Must exhibit positive and proactive behavior in order to SUPPORT plant and meet strict deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge, with a strong respect of electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Office, Hospital and Manufacturing Plant environment
- Hours of work: generally between 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday, some off shift, as required
- Minimal standing, seating available as needed
- Lifting: 10 1bs. or less
- Equipment: computer, multimedia, etc.
We offer generous benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacation, and standard holidays; competitive compensation; opportunity for advancement within the company.
Interested applicants may apply in person Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm at Carolina Filters, Inc., 109 E. Newberry Ave. Sumter, SC 29150 or email email@example.com. Current employees may apply by completing an internal application form and submitting it to the Human Resources office.